AvidXchange helps a business streamline the end-to-end accounts payable process with AP automation that eliminates paper-based problems.
The system helps reduce security risks, automate approvals, and schedule payments while cutting processing costs.
- Central data repository with custom approval and payment workflows
- 180+ top integrations with brands like NetSuite, Sage Intacct, and Microsoft Dynamics
- Real-time reporting on accounts, performance, and growth
- Bill payment automation with over 680,000 businesses in the supplier network
- Purchase order automation to gain efficiency and maintain control on spending
Although AvidXchange does not list a price on their site, online reviews have stated that it can be rather steep to use the accounting system. One user reported paying upwards of $5,000.
- AP department find it easier to track and approve invoices
- Ideal customer support that’s always on point
- Very quick to set up, onboard, and use daily
- Must call or email to request a stop payment on a check
- Files can be too large to upload and must be compressed
- Random queues from “indexer” bots can result in late payments
DocuPhase is an AP automation platform that helps to simplify the accounts payable process.
Transform business processes with invoice management software that combines OCR technology, workflow, forms, artificial intelligence, and ERP integration for a seamless automation experience.
- Automated data entry and PO matching (two-way and three-way)
- Rules-based approval routing and GL coding
- New Vendor AP process that enforces compliance requirements
- Integrate with Dynamics GP, NAV, AX, NetSuite, and other software solution
- Workflow automation with drag-n-drop templates and unique sequential processes
There is no price listed on the DocuPhase site for the software.
Their blog on Business Process Automation lists an average price of $30 per month for 1-10 employees. Other factors that can impact cost include:
- The amount of storage needed for invoice data
- Whether the solution is on-premise or in the cloud
- How many employees need a license
- The suite of tools purchased
- Managed services after deployment for updates and support
- Onboarding is airtight and ensures all critical documents are received and approved
- AP team can rapidly create a change process
- Customization and search capabilities help to scale AP workflows
- Could have easier troubleshooting and system errors are not always clear
- It takes a while to load large documents, and services can hang up and need restarting
- Only some versions of the platform can assign to users
Transform the way
your finance team works.
Bring scale and efficiency to your business with fully-automated, end-to-end payables.
OnPay is a simple AP automation solution with a vendor network of over 300,000 and a client satisfaction rate of 99%.
A business can onboard in under 30 days with no setup fee. OnPay helps to digitize the entire invoice workflow, from the input of paper invoices to ERP integration.
- Cutting edge analytics with complete visibility of payments and invoice history
- Authorize payments by vendor and payment type and integrate with any ERP system
- Earn 1% cash back monthly from the V-Card rebate program and improve cash flow
- Separate approval workflows and payment responsibilities by user
- Onboard without a high price tag and long implementation lifecycle
The first month of OnPay is free and there are no hidden fees. The monthly subscription fee is $36 per month plus $4 per person.
The subscription includes:
- Unlimited pay runs
- Complete set of HR tools
- Integrations with Xero, QuickBooks, and more
- Tax filings and payments (including W-2s)
- Free migration from the old provider
- Connects with existing bank accounts and facilitates ACH payments
- Extremely secure website for EDI with dual authentication
- Easy-to-navigate the site in a simple 1-2-3 format for new users
- Has trouble processing large volumes of payments, and the system may freeze
- Active vendor files can glitch and become disorganized
- Installation can be clunky, and updates can be too frequent
Nvoicepay is an AP solution for larger businesses that streamlines all invoice payments into a single workflow. The software enables data capture across multiple bank accounts, locations, payment methods, and approval hierarchies.
When a payment is ready, the system sends funds according to the remit-to instructions, eliminating bottlenecks in the invoice process and speeding up manual tasks.
- Configurable, flexible, and accessible from anywhere on the planet (cloud)
- Add all vendors during onboarding, and continuously enable new vendors
- Configure custom workflows, research payment status, and pull reports by date, vendor, etc.
- Mitigate AP risk and offload liability to manage sensitive data and answer payment questions securely
- Nvoicepay maintains banking information and payment instructions for over 800,000 shared suppliers
Nvoicepay does not list its pricing online, and there are no user reviews regarding cost. A business will have to contact a representative for a quote.
- Can immediately approve invoices with more accountability
- Easy to use and customer support is always efficient, quick, and friendly
- Saves time and money on postage expenses, check stock, envelopes, and manual processes
- Users are unable to void payment when are error is made, and approvers have to stop what they are doing
- Vendors have experienced some delays in billing and payments
- If the accounting distribution for an invoice is changed internally, the new data doesn’t show up under “view chart”
Yooz is accounts payable automation software that reduces the cost per invoice by 84%. The platform provides some of the most innovative and most powerful cloud-based invoice and payment processing on the market.
Yooz delivers unmatched security and speed to more than 100,000 users worldwide. The system integrates seamlessly with over 200 financial management programs and offers zero-risk subscriptions.
- Automate PR/PO and approve using workflows on the same day
- Mobile access to invoice approval and communication
- Completely paperless AP with supplier participation and enablement
- Easily capture available early payment discounts
- YoozStamp and YoozSmartSplit: 100% of documents separated automatically
The platform comes with a free, 15-day trial with no commitments.
The Gold Edition is quote-based with an unlimited number of users. It comes with four hours of complimentary service to get started and is risk-free. The subscription price is based on the volume of documents processed.
The Yooz site has given some stats on cost savings that include:
- The average cost of manual processing supplier invoices is $18,348/year
- The estimated cost of processing with Yooz is $2,338/year
That’s an annual estimated savings of $15,960.
- There is ample document storage and the ability to have an “on the record” conversation with each invoice
- Extensive customer support with a knowledgeable and accommodating staff
- Everything can be tracked from the date and time it is entered to when exactly an invoice is approved
- When invoices are stamped and separated, sometimes the scanners incorrectly combine them
- The dashboard is tough to customize with limited metric data
- The system doesn’t always recognize vendor names properly
Emburse Certify AP
Emburse Certify AP innovates the finance and AP functions with digital requisitioning, receiving, purchase orders, invoice management, vendor payments, and budget workflows.
Built-in machine learning controls adhere seamlessly to a company’s regulatory requirements and approval processes. The machine learning controls drive compliance and keep procurement within policy and budget.
- Intuitive expense management with travel booking tools to speed up reimbursements and control spend
- Improve regulatory and budgetary compliance while approving items rapidly for early payment discounts
- Employees book travel from any device with tools to ensure policy compliance
- Tighten controls to make sure data is accurate with a complete audit trail
- Streamline everything from purchase orders to requisitions and vendor lists in one system
Emburse Certify AP pricing starts at $8/month for 1-25 employees.
Larger companies with 25-200 employees can opt for the Professional Package with a custom monthly service fee. The Professional Package includes advanced expense management with full-service implementation for up to 30 days.
Enterprise companies with 200+ employees receive best-in-class expense management with a full-service implementation based on needs. The fee is custom annual fixed pricing, so CFOs must call for an exact quote.
- It makes completing expenses easy and pulls receipts automatically
- The speed of reviewing, submitting, and approving expenses increases productivity
- Use OCR on receipts, import from credit cards, and quickly track submissions
- When submitting an expense report, click the “Submit” button multiple times
- There can be a sharp learning curve on the process flow
- Cannot edit an expense if an inquiry question has been sent
The holistic cloud system provides invoice processing, PO matching, supplier onboarding, cross-border remittance, early payment status communication, ERP integration, reconciliation, and so much more.
- Upload from the Supplier Hub and email directly to the AP alias
- When a bill looks familiar, the system sends duplicate invoice protection alerts
- Advanced data extraction with OCR and a supplier portal
- Route approvals to minimize delays and capture early payment discounts
- Touchless straight-through processing to schedule batch invoices for payment
Tipalti’s pricing model is one of the top payable solutions designed to grow with the company. That’s because, as a business expands, needs like tax forms, multi-entity payables, and global payments come into the picture.
Pricing is as follows:
- Tipalti Express – $149/month – basic capabilities
- Tipalti Pro – $179/month per user (minimum 3 users) – advanced capabilities
- Super easy setup with an attentive and knowledgeable customer service staff that explains everything in detail
- Payees have various options for payment methods. They can also set thresholds and hold payments when necessary.
- Payees can edit and update their information, which reduces lost invoices and human error
- Extensive total reports can be slower to export and process (which is common with any AP software)
Chapter 7: The Best Accounts Payable Software Reviews Comparison