How to Scale for an IPO
Behold: The virtual event series, Scaling to IPO & Beyond, is upon us! This June, Tipalti is pulling out all the stops, so you have all the information you need to prepare for a successful IPO.
A successful IPO requires technology armed with standards, secure controls, and increased skill. But how do you know that your company is IPO-ready? If you can check off the list below, you’re prepared to go public:
- You can effectively budget your company’s financial performance
- Your executive team is on point
- Your company is ready for its annual audit
- You have realistic assessment expectations
- There’s a compelling business case for going public
- You have a clear, strategic roadmap
Going public is a significant stepping stone for a company. Not only does this step take years of preparation, but the chance to go public can be brief—and, at times, hectic. When that window of opportunity opens, will you be IPO-ready?
Having a strategic road map is a paramount guideline for any company on the IPO path. Have these plans in place to set yourself up for success:
Establish a world-class close. When your company goes public, your financial reporting has to be completely accurate. Your closing process can give decision-makers a forecast into quality financial insights. That forecast gives you the ability to make decisions about going public and handling an influx of capital.
Even though closing quickly is vital for a public offering, you also need to examine company control, accountability, and first-time accuracy. Eliminate any complexities that may surface during the close process. That way, your public offering will have a smooth roadway when you hit the ground running.
Align planning, reporting, and analytics. Before you reach IPO, your company will need to collect, integrate, and leverage as much data as possible. An in-depth data reporting process will smooth the road toward the IPO and all that comes with it.
Prepare for public reporting. With more opportunity comes more responsibility. You’ll be beholden to shareholders—inviting a new demand for transparency, accuracy, speed, and consistency. For public reporting, you’ll need:
- An expert finance team.
- Technology that connects data and process controls. The right technology keeps the engine running with today’s workflows and collaborations.
Pro tip: Prepare to complete all these entries on the list above before your IPO—you’ll save yourself many stumbles and pulled hairs.
After rocky business conditions swept 2020, we’re approaching a recovery to business activity. NASDAQ has even seen a recent rise in IPO activity. If you’re a financial leader that is thinking of joining these ranks, get your game face on—Tipalti will help you get IPO-ready.
Scaling to IPO & Beyond: Virtual Event Series
Mark your calendars for these four sessions in June.
- June, 2nd 2021 at 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET—Join us for a 30-minute fireside chat with Andrew Jenks, Senior Accounting Manager at LucidWorks.
- June 9th, 2021 at 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET—Join us for a 60-minute CPE Presentation with Lauren Hatten-Boyd, Principal at KPMG, LLC.
- June 16th, 2021 at 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET—Join us for a 60-minute panel discussion with Kranz Associates on the topic of The IPO Journey: Taking the First Step.
- June 23rd, 2021 at 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET—Join us for a 60-minute CPE Panel with entrepreneurs and finance visionaries from 01 Advisors, Silver Creek Industries, and The CFO Leadership Council as we explore their experiences preparing to go public and the lessons they learned throughout their journeys.
Ready to go public? Join Tipalti at the virtual event series, Scaling to IPO & Beyond, to future-proof your business for success.
IPO Readiness for Fast-Growing Global Companies
Join the virtual series to hear real-life stories from entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and CFOs alike as they share their journey to IPO and Beyond.