Guide to the Top Payoneer Alternatives in 2020
The Top Alternatives to Payoneer for 2020
- Google Pay
We live in a shifting economy that relies on digital transactions to keep business in action. The preferred payment method of global online shoppers is eWallets (36%) followed by credit cards (23%) and debit cards (12%).
Although Payoneer is a popular payment platform, there are a variety of alternatives that may suit your business better. Look for features that include:
- Local and international transactions
- Money transfers
- Send/receive payments between bank accounts
- Low conversion fees
- Local currency
- Offers working capital
- Access to international networks and marketplaces
Feature Comparisons of the Top Payoneer Alternatives
|Brand||Price||Security||Payment Methods||Integrations||International Payments||Pay-in or Payout|
|PayPal||$||Data tokenization and two-factor authentication||ACH, eCheck, CC and debit||Accounting and e-commerce.||✅||Both|
|Square||$||Encryption and POS verification||CC, mobile payments, digital wallet||Accounting and e-commerce.||✅||Pay-in optimized|
|Transferwise||$$||ID verifications and fraud protection||ACH, mobile, cash, CC and debit||Accounting, KYC, foreign exchange.||✅||Both|
|Google Pay||$||Encryption and passkeys for safeguarding||Contactless||Open API and other payment gateways like Stripe.||✅||Pay-in optimized|
|Tipalti||$$$||PCI and SSAE16 SOC audit certified, AES encryption and white-listing||ACH, wire transfer, CC and debit||Agnostic integration, plugins and API’s, accounting, ERP, and payments.||✅||Payouts optimized|
|Skrill||$$||Fraud protection, two-way authentication, and data tokenization||ACH, wire transfer, CC and debit||Accounting||✅||Payouts optimized|
|Remitly||$||Money Services Business registered with the U.S. Dept of Treasury||ACH, wire transfers, cash||Remitly App in Google Play or App Store. No integrations.||✅||Payouts optimized|
20 Alternatives to Payoneer for Digital Payments
PayPal has become a major player in the P2P and B2B financial services space since 2003. It’s clearly the leader of the pack—and for good reason. Accept all major payment types from customers right on the spot.
A PayPal account is always free. However, a business may want to look into the $30/month plan for more robust features.
- Payment gateway
- Fully customized online checkouts
- Not all online shops are integrated
- Long delays on receiving some funds
- Hard to contact customer service
You can read more about how PayPal stacks up in our guide to Payoneer vs. PayPal.
Easily process payments securely and quickly with the Square Payments app. A business can accept all forms of payment which include:
- Tap, Dip, or Swipe
- Online payments
You can also build your own custom solution with an open API. There are no long term contracts, extra fees, or surprises for business owners.
You can read more about how Square stacks up in our guide to Payoneer vs. Square.
The standard processing fee is 2.6% + 10 cents for contactless, swiped, chip cards, and magstripe.
Payments that are manual key-ins are 3.5% + 15 cents.
- Free hardware with a large selection of tools
- Never any monthly fees
- Detailed reporting and filters for analysis
- Fees have been rising year over year
- Can’t easily switch accounts between locations
- Instant deposit fee is rather high
#3) Google Pay
A fast and secure mobile payments app, Google Pay is a payment solution hosted by Google.
When you use a debit card to make a purchase in a store or through a service, there are no additional fees. There is a 2.9% fee for credit card payments.
Google Pay Strengths
- Easy integration with Google Assistant
- eWallet means no need for a physical card
- Contactless payment with data collection
Google Pay Weaknesses
- Not accepted everywhere
- Data is easily hacked when the device is lost
- Transferring funds to the bank can be a timely process
Track transactions and receive money with international bank details through the Transferwise program. It’s a fast, secure, and easy way to pay online without the need to enter details. There are never any hidden fees or bad exchange rates.
Opening a Transferwise account is always free. There is a small fee to add funds and convert between currencies. The site has a calculator so the user is always aware of exact fees and rates. This includes international money transfers.
- User-friendly platform that’s easy to use
- Fast transfers at convenient rates
- Some of the cheapest rates on the market
- Debit card is not available in all countries
- Digital money (bitcoin or cryptocurrency) not an option yet
- Recipient must have an account to pick up cash
You can read more about how TransferWise stacks up in our guide to Payoneer vs. TransferWise.
Remitly is an international payments company that leverages mobile technology to transfer funds across the globe. The product is fundamentally faster and cheaper than most financial tools that cater to different countries.
The cost of using the Economy version of Remitly is free. In this case, transfer speed takes 3-5 business days to hit your local bank account. If you want immediate access to funds, the transaction fee is $3.99.
- Highly-competitive transfer rates
- Fast and safe currency conversion
- Easy-to-use customer interface
- There can be limits on money transfers
- Transactions can take up to 15 minutes to complete
- Cash pickup not available in all countries
Klarna is a solution that has all the popular payment methods to save a business both time and money. They have zero-fraud liability and offer customers options like:
- 30-day payments
For all payment options, Klarna charges 30 cents for each transaction plus a variable rate of either 3.29% or 5.99%.
- Straightforward fee structure
- Exceptional customer service
- Split or pay later for orders
- Limited countries covered
- Short payment plan (6 weeks to make 4 payments)
- More costly than other platforms
Accept debit and credit cards, checks, and offer customers convenient payment methods. You can swipe it, set up recurring transactions, create web payment forms, send electronic invoices, and much more.
Developed for the unique needs of a service-based business, PaySimple’s pricing plan is straightforward. Credit card processing is 2.49% per transaction plus monthly fees. ACH and check processing costs $.60 cents plus .20%.
- Personalized customer service experience
- A quick and easy approval process
- Unified dashboard for at-a-glance management
- The company still has room to grow and kinks to work out
- Cannot send ACH payments to vendors
- Is lacking some integrations, like QuickBooks Desktop
Users can load a Skrill account via ACH transfer. It’s always free. Any type of withdrawal costs $5.50 and sending money will set you back at 1.9% of the transaction. If you don’t use the account, you get charged too. There is a monthly inactivity fee of $3.00
- Omnichannel payment processing (ACH, e-commerce, mobile)
- Pre-built and custom reports and dashboards
- Grant access to select data, objects, and features
- Customers not always notified during maintenance mode
- User support can be inundated with queries
- The phone application can be limited on features
You can read more about how Skrill stacks up in our guide to Payoneer vs. Skrill.
The Bolt brand is on a mission to perfect the checkout experience for all online retailers. The mobile-optimized solution is coupled with a unique approach to fraud detection that makes order approval faster and more reliable.
Bolt designs custom quotes for each business so pricing is not easy to find. They consider several factors when determining cost like:
- Risk of fraud
- Sales volume
- Type of business
- An extremely responsive customer service team
- Lightning-fast checkout to increase conversion rates
- Fast cart load times for mobile customers
- The fee per order can get expensive
- The setup and integration can be challenging
- The UI isn’t granular with regards to transaction history
#10) Apple Pay
An easy payment platform that works with any Apple device, Apple Pay enables a business to make secure purchases in stores, apps, and on the web. Send and receive funds right in messenger and simplify the payment process.
Apple Pay is free for Apple users on a limited basis. To obtain current pricing for larger ventures, you must contact Apple. Small businesses report online that the platform is 36% less expensive than average payment gateway products.
Apple Pay Strengths
- Simple to use and set up
- Compatible with all major banks and credit unions
- High-level measures of security
Apple Pay Weaknesses
- Only for devices newer than iPhone 6
- Not universally accepted everywhere
- Transactions can glitch in the Wallet app
An online payment platform that allows a business to accept payments from all over the world. Available in 170 countries the system has the ability to process hundreds of currencies.
Because of this, you can optimize payment rates, lower processing costs, and get rid of connected fees.
Rates range from 2.4% + 2 cents fixed fee to 6% + 3 cents fixed fee. Since there are over 300 methods for online processing, your price will vary by many factors.
- Fast withdrawals (1-2 business days for funds)
- Top of the line customer support through Skype
- Good platform for high-risk industries
- Risk team can be overzealous and close accounts
- Issues with plug-in integration
- Transactions have been blocked by payer’s bank
NETELLER allows online users to shop securely and safely anywhere in the United States. Access funds instantly with 100+ payment options and multiple currency accounts. A business can take advantage of some of the highest deposit acceptance rates on the market.
Neteller offers a wide variety of integrations for funding your account so the fees vary depending on the third-party. The average processing cost across the board is 2.5% per transaction.
- Withdraw from any ATM in several countries
- Opt-in for a Net+ credit/debit card
- Serves as a virtual wallet with top security
- Hard to find as a checkout option with online shopping
- Can have hidden fees depending on the third-party
- Minimum limit on transfers
You can read more about how NETELLER stacks up in our guide to Payoneer vs. NETELLER.
A simple software company that helps small businesses manage their time, get paid fast, and communicate effectively with clients. Thryv also offers unlimited, 24/7 support with your own business specialist.
The pricing scheme for Thryv is not published on their site. Similar services will run you around $10 to $20 a month for apps with straightforward and basic functionalities.
- Super simple integration in a snap
- Upload and update data in minutes
- Centralizes all business hubs into a single dashboard
- So much info there is a larger learning curve
- The software can be limiting in some areas
- Can’t ship directly from Thyrv when an invoice is fulfilled
Paysera is a cheap and safe way to perform payments and send/receive money online. Make bank transfers quickly and easily to a variety of countries using a multi-currency account approach.
The cost will vary depending on the currency and speed of the transfer. The exchange rate will affect what you pay but Paysera offers competitive rates usually within a 1% margin.
- A contactless debit card linked to your account
- Separate account for savings with a split bill feature
- No fee to transfer money between Paysera accounts
- The verification process can be complicated
- The card is only issued for EEA (Europe)
- There is a daily ATM withdrawal limit
Stripe offers solutions for mobile and web payments that are built with developers in mind. The brand provides a set of unified tools and APIs to instantly enable a business of any size to accept and manage online payments.
There are no platform-specific fees with Stripe. For Express and Custom accounts there is a $2 fee for every active account per month, plus a .25% fee of payout volume.
Additionally, every payout also costs a base of 25 cents. If your business requires instant payouts, the cost is 1% of the volume.
- API is simple and very easy to consume
- The user interface is easy to navigate and customizable
- Payment can be set up for multiple methods
- The processing fee is a bit high
- Reports may need to be exported in different formats
- The role permits in Stripe can be limited
Tipalti makes automating payables safer, faster, and more efficient. The end-to-end solution functions seamlessly in a unified cloud platform with built-in tax compliance.
The brand modernizes financial operations while providing an effective payment gateway to help your business thrive.
From virtual payment services to AP automation and digital marketplaces, Tipalti is a robust solution that delivers a white-label experience across the globe.
Tipalti pricing is broken down into two affordable packages that are designed to grow with your business:
- Tipalti Express – $299/month
- Tipalti Pro – $447/month
- 360-degree view of the AP process
- Intuitive and user-friendly dashboard
- Automates financial processes to streamline operations
- Doesn’t serve the SMB market
- Reporting tool can have a sharp learning curve
- Cannot change data once an invoice is processed
The Authroize.net platform allows merchants to accept and manage credit card and check transactions via websites, call centers, retail stores, mail orders/telephone orders (MOTO), and mobile devices.
- Search payments using multiple options
- High functioning and secure system
- User-friendly interface
- Payments can only be accessed for a limited amount of time
- Design layout not as inviting as other platforms
- Transaction limit increase can be challenging
The monthly gateway cost for Authorize.net is $25 with a setup fee of $49. The processing cost is 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.
Organize and scale a business’ payments process by confidently facilitating payments with the Dwolla platform. The brand has direct access to the ACH network and a seamless API for open integration.
For each payment sent through Dwolla, you will be charged a fee of .5% of the transaction amount. The minimum fee is .01 cents and the maximum is $5.
- Attentive and knowledgeable customer support
- Real-time analytics right on the dashboard
- 3rd-party integrations with bonuses
- API can be confusing and over-designed
- Poor Java support
- Inability to support checks as a form of payment
BlueSnap is an all-in-one payment platform that is designed to accelerate commerce for B2C and B2B businesses. With this system, you get everything you need to easily process payments which includes a payment gateway solution, a merchant account, and advanced features to boot. It’s an all in one simple dashboard.
Pricing for BlueSnap includes 2.7% + 30 cents per successful transaction.
- Integrations to over 100 platforms and shopping carts
- System has a built-in fraud stack
- Robust reporting features with deep analytics
- Not all integrations are seamless
- Transaction reporting can have a steep learning curve
- Required minimum balance for refunds
10 Alternatives to Payoneer Mastercard
In addition to sending/receiving local and international funds, Payoneer can function as a debit and credit card. It’s a physical prepaid Mastercard that is associated with any currency balance in a Payoneer account. The card can be used at an ATM, in stores, online, and anywhere the Mastercard brand is accepted.
When it comes to issuing a prepaid card, there are several intelligent alternatives to the Payoneer platform.
When managing finances, NetSpend gives a business many options. They provide Visa and Mastercard prepaid debit cards with fast and guaranteed approval. There is no credit check necessary.
The NetSpend card must be purchased for a small fee that ranges between $2.95 and $4.95. The average cost of the reload fee is $3.95.
American Express Serve
American Express Serve offers multiple options for a reloadable prepaid debit card. It’s built to suit a variety of needs for different users. The system provides online access and a mobile app to facilitate transactions.
The price of the card is always free. If a user deposits $500 or more a month, Amex ill wave the $6.95/month fee.
Bento for Business
Bento offers an employee expense management solution for small and medium businesses. The prepaid debit card can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted with built-in controls to set limit categories, card usage, and your daily budget.
Pricing for Bento is free for up to 2 cards. Additional prices include:
- Team (up to 10 cards) – $29/month
- Professional (up to 25 cards) – $69/month
- Enterprise (unlimited cards) – $149/month
The Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid debit Mastercard or Visa that can be used in-store or online to pay for things like:
- Online bills
If you deposit $1,000 or more a month, the account is free. Otherwise, users pay a monthly service fee of $3.00.
A trustworthy and reliable prepaid debit card service provider that enables people to obtain a card without a credit check. It’s one of the richest cards for mobile and online purchases with 2% cashback and no limits.
The cost of a Green Dot card is free. If you load $1,000 or more every month, they will wave the monthly fee of $7.95.
A simple prepaid debit card that is linked to your PayPal account. It enables a business to stock up, shop, and eat anywhere, at any time without the need to carry cash.
The average cost of the pre-paid PayPal Mastercard is $4.95/month. Other costs are associated with using the card including ATM and bank fees.
A convenient, pre-paid debit card that gives the user complete control without having to spend much.
Pricing for Bluebird is very cheap. There is no monthly charge or activation fee. You only need to purchase the card itself, which can cost up to $5 in retail locations.
The everyday, pre-paid Mastercard that you can obtain without a credit check or bank account. Most of the cards are free with a deposit. Fees range depending on the type of Mastercard you choose.
A pre-paid Mastercard available for those seeking a more secure alternative to cash. They can be used for any in-store or online purchase of goods and services. You can also use these cards at an ATM for an additional fee.
The cost of AccountNow depends on the type of card you choose. Monthly fees and reloads will vary.
ACE Elite pre-paid Visa cards are a more convenient and secure way to manage finances. Money can be added through transfers and direct deposits. Other features include:
- Transaction alerts
- Cash withdrawals
- Card to card money transfer
- Referral earning
The average cost of using an ACE Elite Visa card is $15/month. Pin purchase transactions cost $2 and ATM withdrawals are $2.50 each.